How to volunteer
Do you want to volunteer with the Cancer Society?
- Look online at volunteer opportunities in your region.
- If you are unsure about which role is right for you, get in touch with us.
- If you find a role that matches your interest and available time, let us know you are interested and we will get in touch.
From there, the volunteer application process may include:
- filling out an application form,
- an invitation to meet and talk about your interests and possible roles,
- a character reference and a police check.
All new volunteers coming on board will be introduced to the Cancer Society and how we work. Most roles require volunteers to attend an orientation programme and training specific to their role. We also offer an online orientation for some of our roles.