Our support services
Can Support Groups
Breast Cancer Support Group Relaxed, friendly atmosphere, come and share your stories and talk with others. Free of charge, light morning tea provided. Phone Centre for dates and more information (03) 539 1137
- Nelson & Marlborough Head and Neck Cancer Support Group Please contact Emma Burns to register phone 546 1797 or email email@example.com
- Prostate Cancer Support Group Every 1st Thursday of the month 1.30 - 3.30pm Broadgreen House. Phone Bill Fergie 544 8635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Survivors and Thrivers Groups in Nelson &Motueka Phone our Centre for dates and to register (03) 539 1137
Look Good Feel Better is a free programme dedicated to teaching women with cancer, through hands-on experience, techniques to help restore and enhance their appearance during and after treatment.
Phone the Centre for dates and to register (03) 539 1137
The PINC and STEEL Cancer Rehabilitation Programmes provide individualized, prescribed rehabilitation to women and men diagnosed with cancer, improve body confidence and incorporate exercise into their lifestyle. Group sessions also available. Phone Helen Nott 548 2622 or Kate Gordon at Activate Physio phone 03 548 2622
For Bras and swimwear fittings Captivation, email@example.com Lea Lock, ph 544 3943, Ministry of Health registered supplier
Breast Prosthesis and Mastectomy Bras, Ministry of Health registered suppliers:
Classic Contours, www.classiccontours.co.nz Helen Clements, ph 547 5378
Little Boutique, www.littleboutique.co.nz Julie Forbes, ph 548 3943
Lea Lock, firstname.lastname@example.org ph 544 3943
Mindfulness and Relaxation contact David Wakeling ph 548 3317or 027 695 9398 for more information – Tuesdays 1.00 pm Fairfield House. $3 donation. All welcome
Wigs Sandy or Helen at Activate Physio ph 548 2622 www.activatephysiotherapy.co.nz or Mint Salon phone 544 8391
- Camera for families to use while out of town having treatment
- Library books and cancer information, including DVD’s and videos
- Shade Loan Scheme. Umbrellas and marquees available from October to March, early booking essential.
- Wheelchair available
- Margaret Stewart House 16 Hospital Road, Wellington, ph 04 380 0300
- Daffodil Lodge 46 Riccarton Road, Christchurch, ph 03 377 6415
- Daffodil House 91 Papanui Road, Christchurch, ph 03 377 6415
To speak to a Cancer Information Nurse call 0800 Cancer (0800 22 62 37)
• Cancer Information Library with books and other resources available for loan
• Get in touch with Cancer Connect which is a peer support group
• Discuss issues dealing with cancer with Cancer Chat NZ
• Support Groups, Education Courses, Lifestyle Courses and Workshops
• Regular Newsletters with useful updates and information on cancer
Tel 03 539 1137
102 Hardy Street
PO Box 335
• Sunsmart Shade loan scheme, free for public
• Sunsmart Schools Accreditation
• Smokefree information, advocacy and promotion
• Prevention, Screening and Early Detection
• Healthy Eating, Healthy Action lifestyle advice
Whatever your skills, time or expertise you can make a difference. The Nelson Centre needs the help of volunteers to deliver the many services on offer. Please contact Sue Benson or Jayne Marwick on 539 1137 or email@example.com
More information on volunteering.
Fundraising is achieved by a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers. All donations to the Cancer Society are used in the region from where the funds came. We receive no government funding so your help is vital.
More information about how you can help us.