Our support services
Support & Information
- To speak to a Cancer Information Nurse call 0800 Cancer (0800 22 62 37)
- Cancer Information Library with books and other resources available for loan
- Get in touch with Cancer Connect which is a peer support group
- Discuss issues dealing with cancer with Cancer Chat NZ
- Support Groups, Education Courses, Lifestyle Courses and Workshops
- Regular Newsletters with useful updates and information on cancer
- Transportation to treatment
- Patient and Family/Whanau Support Volunteer Visitors Financial Assistance Grant Scheme
- Counselling services Grant Scheme
For additional information about local health and social services in the Kapiti area visit Kapiti Coast Health Centre - Te Tari Hauora. Please find more information about the Cancer Society's Support and Information services.
- SunSmart Shade Loan Scheme, free for public and private events
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and sun hats
- SunSmart Schools Accreditation
- Smokefree information, advocacy and promotion
- CanQuit Smoking Cessation programme
- Prevention, Screening and Early Detection
- Healthy Eating, Healthy Action lifestyle advice
More information about Healthy Living.
Whatever your skills, time or expertise you can make a difference. The Kapiti Office needs the help of volunteers to deliver the many services on offer.
More information on volunteering.
Fundraising is achieved by a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers. We receive no government funding so your help is vital.
More information about how you can help us.