Kāpiti Volunteer Role
Role: Kāpiti Community Ambassador Cancer Society, Wellington Division (VOLUNTEER ROLE)
Reports to: Fundraising and Communications Manager
Supported By: Manager Volunteering
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No Budget Delegations
Purpose of position:
The Cancer Society needs help both to raise awareness of the work and activities it undertakes and the need to raise funds from the community. Our community ambassador would play a vital role in representing the Charity at local events and functions, speaking about our work and the importance of the funds our supporters raise.
- A passion for the work of the Cancer Society
- Confident Public Speaker with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and professional demeanour
- A personal and friendly manner
- Honest and trustworthy nature
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work unsupervised
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Organise 4 morning teas per year to talk to and inform our top donors about the work we do.
- Delivering talks to a range of local community groups about the work of the charity and the ways in which they could help us achieve our mission and goals.
- Look after our information and fundraising stands at local events
- Other Tasks as negotiated
The hours are flexible; however, we would like you to attend a minimum of 4 events per year.
- You will receive a full induction to the Cancer Society and to your role
- You will have a member of staff as a named contact who will support you and answer any queries you have
- You will be given any equipment and information necessary to carry out your role
- Reimbursement for any reasonable expenses incurred (with prior agreement from the manager)
- The Cancer Society will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.
If you want to submit your C.V for roles that may come up, please email GerardineR@cancersoc.org.nz
If you are interested in volunteering, please find more info here.