Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you a data savvy, experienced digital marketing professional interested in working with one of New Zealand’s top charity brands? The Cancer Society of New Zealand – Wellington Division, is seeking a digital marketing professional who can help promote our community events portfolio online, create and analyse metrics, and help implement our online strategy to ensure we are optimising our participatory and collaborative engagements with our supporters. This role will be the resident “digital expert” of our fundraising team, who will help upskill our organisational digital capacity while promoting a culture of using, tracking, measuring, and making decisions with data.
This is a great opportunity for someone with digital marketing or digital advertising experience who is interested in broadening their responsibilities and skills while working across CSW’s growing digital space.
• To utilise digital advertising to ensure Cancer Society events portfolio achieves KPIs around attendance, participation, and fundraising.
• To work closely with Communications Coordinator to promote, market, and build equity in all “brands” in community events portfolio, including Daffodil Day, Relay For Life, Jump For Cancer, and other events to be added to portfolio.
• To analyse and evaluate effectiveness of digital marketing strategy by actively tracking performance through Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, and dashboards.
• To ensure community events digital marketing strategy is facilitating procurement of quality, clean acquisition data.
• To support campaigns through analytics and digital marketing in close coordination with Communications Coordinator, Community Fundraising Team Lead, and Manager Fundraising and Communications.
• To provide account management for peer-to-peer fundraising platforms (currently Everyday Hero) and assist community fundraisers in using platform effectively.
• To help foster a “digital mindset” among fundraising team colleagues and other functionalities that aims to enhance our performance through online fundraising, campaigning, and communications.
• To nurture and develop a data-driven culture, where key metrics are actively tracked and used to make decisions.
A snapshot of our idea candidate:
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferred
• Knowledgeable in critical areas of marketing (SEO, data scraping, social media, content marketing, email marketing, PPC and SEM)
• Strong competency in using Ad Manager of Facebook Business Manager
• Proficient in Google Analytics – knows how to set up goals and report on conversions. Can advise on how to maximise on conversions and optimise user experience based on analysis.
• Knowledge of how to use and edit HTML/PhP
• High level of understanding of analytics and metrics across digital platforms.
• Able to analyse performance of ads, social media strategy, and website/fundraising pages and convey findings in “plain English”
• Experience in EDM marketing, including building lists, audiences, and the Mailchimp platform
• Experience with BI tools – able to visualise data points from different sources
• Know how to plan and implement a digital marketing strategy, including knowing how to best spend an allocated budget
How to Apply
For a full job description, please email Nick Beaudoin at email@example.com .
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter addressed to Nick Beaudoin at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closeoff Sept 17th
Kāpiti Volunteer Role
Role: Kāpiti Community Ambassador Cancer Society, Wellington Division (VOLUNTEER ROLE)
Reports to: Fundraising and Communications Manager
Supported By: Manager Volunteering
Direct Reports: None
Budget: No Budget Delegations
Purpose of position:
The Cancer Society needs help both to raise awareness of the work and activities it undertakes and the need to raise funds from the community. Our community ambassador would play a vital role in representing the Charity at local events and functions, speaking about our work and the importance of the funds our supporters raise.
- A passion for the work of the Cancer Society
- Confident Public Speaker with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and professional demeanour
- A personal and friendly manner
- Honest and trustworthy nature
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work unsupervised
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Organise 4 morning teas per year to talk to and inform our top donors about the work we do.
- Delivering talks to a range of local community groups about the work of the charity and the ways in which they could help us achieve our mission and goals.
- Look after our information and fundraising stands at local events
- Other Tasks as negotiated
The hours are flexible; however, we would like you to attend a minimum of 4 events per year.
- You will receive a full induction to the Cancer Society and to your role
- You will have a member of staff as a named contact who will support you and answer any queries you have
- You will be given any equipment and information necessary to carry out your role
- Reimbursement for any reasonable expenses incurred (with prior agreement from the manager)
- The Cancer Society will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role.
Send your application to email@example.com
Respect for the confidentiality of Cancer Society of New Zealand information and intellectual property is essential. Breaching this is considered serious misconduct.
If you want to submit your C.V for roles that may come up, please email GerardineR@cancersoc.org.nz
If you are interested in volunteering, please find more info here.